Pages

Monday, February 19, 2007

When the food turns Poison



..Yep!..it happens in everybody’s life. its inevitable when u have an appetite for your night course..it is unstoppable when u are stuck up outside after a lot of shouting and sweating out in an average concert. its absolutely unavoidable when u left with only a not a very ruddy fast-food joint during odd hours at night..even the ultimate Bruce Lee didn’t escape!..

After long days of a clandestine ( I love this word) lifestyle I decided to hang-out with my friends for a night, The occasion was Techofes ( my college culturals), Vasundhara Das concert was scheduled for the eve…so after attending all my CTS tests ( I don’t fancy explaining them , they are dull) I prepared my mind , my soul, my eyes , my ears , and of course my STOMACH, for the later part of the day…well! it is a custom of the celebrities to arrive late and build up the hopes of the people,like a mother expecting a child during the last part of her gestation period!..(An exaggeration of course).. so, as we waited, we searched for a good view of the stage which is obviously somewhere near the stage!..One of the organizers was well known to my friend!. And with his influence we landed, just 30 meters away from the stage.. After further waiting. Our much awaited guest of honor landed in a white car ..Very soon she hid behind stage’s green room preparing herself for a grand entry.. the show started off with reckless dancers shaking their legs according to the beats .. Suddenly Vasundhara entered and continued singing the numbers, the spectators went wild !.. quite a good amount of crowd gathered , they obeyed Vasundhara’s orders. swayed, danced, sang… and during breaks we had mimicry artists staging their scripts. Which were quite interesting than the concert…and in the end Vasundhara captured the crowd’s attention by singing all of her best numbers! The concert ended with crackers decorating the night sky ( the organizers had spent a fortune for the crackers it seems)…so after that, as scheduled we headed to my friend’s room for the night’s stay..which was quite near to the college..

As I told earlier ‘it’ is inevitable if one has an appetite for dinner, I do ‘ve a good appetite, so , we searched for a restaurant .. I didn’t expect any hoteliers inviting us at this point of time , the time was half- past eleven..we found a modest fast-food joint nearer to my friend’s place… and we were urged by the waiters to order for the meal…and we abided by his request, during that process of our submission to the waiter’s request , we ordered a Lamb-fry, chicken fried rice, a clear soup as an appetizer, and one of my beloved vegetarian friend went for veggies..we ‘d a sumptuous dinner I should say!.. had our mouth fresheners and gulped a soda for digesting the food..and retired in the room..heard some songs and dozed off!..

Next day , as pleasant as it could be.. drenched my head with morning showers when we stepped out, home ward…I sat along with my veggie friend in the bus and traveled home..and as soon as I reached home, I finished my ablutions.. and went out !.. and returned home after a while..and during the night, my body started shivering a lot!..my mind refused to think what was the reason…shivered all night!..next day, was weak! Very weak!..(even Bruce Lee would ‘ve felt the same symptoms) .. I ran a good temperature, not less than the boiling point of the water..! And headache also. Slept throughout the day!. Unmindful of sleeping for 18 hours, I woke up in the evening still the same uneasiness.. And then, I decided to visit the doc… the sight of that hospital I visited, wasn’t pleasant.. The doc prescribed some medicines… punctured my rear with two dispo-van syringes. I hate docs who choose the rear spot to insert the needle! That too ,when a female takes up that privilege! the situation is very embarrassing!. I Lowered the pant not to the level asked by the nurse, after much negotiation we came to a particular spot, I felt the medicine in my blood…and left home sitting in not a comfortable posture on the bike.. all this because of the lamb-curry. the lamb with toxins should'd been spared!.. it had my food poisoned!, or it could be the restless waiter also... Bruce Lee would‘ve been unmindful of the dangers in his food too, although I didn’t match his fate!. Poor guy!!...so , moral of the story, No non-veg after concerts or during late nights…I am feeling a lot better now!

No comments: