Pages

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Trip to Tirupati!-1

,.. this post will feature the trip, to the holy land of thirumala..

25 of us, 16 boys and 9 girls, boarded a bus to thirupathi from cmbt.. The interesting thing bout trip was to reach the shrine atop, by foot!.. This excited me the most, as I just love walking that too with my friends!.. Last time year I’d been to thirupati with my family, the trip wasn’t that appealing to me, may be because of the thought of returning home bald!.. yes, last time I tonsured my head…. So, the travel was for five hrs and i was seated just before the last seat, was talking bout various things ( I wud call that as guys stuff).. while the bus tore the evening air in a moderate speed. the interesting thing bout this bus was , it kept me in my seat despite of bad roads, while in my previous trips the bus engages my head in kissing the roof of the bus, very often!..... so, after a lot of talking , got a little pain in my temples, and realized that it is the result of long days of non-talking!.... meanwhile we ‘d a pitstop at a roadside restaurant , and its name was Parkinn( no no, its not a star hotel) we filled our stomach and some of us did the dew!.. and the bus started again.. headed to thirupati.. we reached there around 8 15 pm.. we ‘d to visit a temple dedicated to godess alamelu which is about 5 km from Tirupati. The temple of Sri Padmavathi Devi, the wife of Lord Sri Venkateswara is situated here. It is said that a visit to Tirumala is fruitful only after visiting the Sri Padmavathi Devi temple... You may wonder why Sri Padmavathi Devi's temple is away from Lord Sri Venkateswara's. Legend has it that the Lord (Sri Maha Vishnu, who later took on the incarnation of Sri Venkateswara) showed his reverence towards the sage, Bhrigu Maharshi, even though the sage had insulted Vishnu by kicking Him on the chest…ok!ok!..and finally , we entered the temple when it was bout to close, we had darshan and went to ve our dinner at bhimas hotel!.. I just love Andhra food , known for its spicy nature.. so hoping for a good meal, I even forgave the person who made us walk for half an hour!.. while walking, I discovered that, the walls of the city were no longer white washed , but were covered with wall papers , wall papers were nothing but, colourful posters of newly released movies! The people were mad bout movies, its just a humble effort of the film makers to attract them, I thought!..and then we walked for 20 mins. Then finally! Reached! tummy rumbling!. Tongues twitching , mouth watering!, settled in the cushions n glanced at the menu card!! ….dreams shattered! One meal was priced at Rs 70!..Forlorn! some of my friends an I opted for dosai! And found out that its not a step down to meals! It was amazing.. however, we helped ourselves from our friends who bravely ordered Andhra meals.. while doing so, we had a difficult task of avoiding the glares of the waiters!... the meal ended with beedas and saunfs! And started to hotel or as it is otherwise called in thirupati as devasthanams (The statutory authority which manages the affairs of temple.).. after a good walk.. we reached the place .. and rested in the rooms alloted to us .and we ‘d to get up early tomorrow at 4…..( will be continued)

No comments: