Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Field of Vision


Where is sachin???..must be a the "Back"!!!!

The LANKANS were 54/5!..i visualized shreesanth , bowling a good length delivery pitching on the right spot and uprooting the stumps…huff! Undoubtedly, I m quite uncomfortable and restless when I don’t get to watch my favorite sport (cricket) on tv.. The television I own , dates back a long time in the past .. got to punch and slap very often to keep it going, for the past one week been practicing certain kung-fu and karate moves with my tv..as dumb as it is, received my blows with great honour! And gave us not a prolonged view ..And three days back, it conked !..i can see only a red light indicating that the current is still passing through the circuits.…oh dear what can the matter be! Oh dear what can the matter be!.. Yes! I am a media student, and I ‘ve acquired a decent bit of knowledge on working of various electronic components (my conscience pricked me when i typed the above sentence) and I know the intricacies of television and its working goes on like this , when something like electronic signals. Hitting drum like something called Cathode Ray Tube and it does some wonder to create visuals on the picture tube.. with this abundant knowledge in working of a television.. I thought of laying my hands on repairing my TV.. cricket matches ahead, mom’s anxiety with respect to those mega serials , dad’s movies. All came to a screeching halt last week!..phew! Frustrations galore!

Hmm.. Seriously, I doubted the dust accumulated over years inside the tv can be the possible reason for the TV’s malfunction. ..so, after dusting it, I expected the TV to function properly!..no it didn’t!.. I unplugged and and plugged all the wires, shifted the plugs to another switch board …no change!.. I twisted the co-axial cables nipped it fine plugged it again! Tapped! Punched! No change!.. my TV stood there dumb and docile !..so left it! Perhaps , it needs retirement after a long years of service!.. well,it had been a week since my efforts of making the TV to function!.. even today morning,I tried banging and slapping!.. nothing happened!....Lankans fixed a target of 260.. I visualized Mahela Jayawardene the Lankan captain fixing Dart boards at good distance..on the other side, team of Indian players stood with their Bow and Arrows targeting at bull’s eye hmm...ya kinda Ramayana only! Or can be like Robin Hood also......i saw the rest of the innings at my friend’s place!...

Keeping the worries of my TV’s redundancy, away.. watched the match..got absorbed into the intricacies of the game ..Sehwag re-gained his touch!.. Robin Uthappa being consistent and aggressive in playing shots and shining! .. some problem with Ganguly, hmm Chappel would 've already mailed to the board of selectors regarding Ganguly's fitness..and fat controversy to be staged for another month!..(hmm. too much of imaginaton,in the absence of TV!) so, what more does a aspiring team want?..of course a fit Tendulkar 1 he'll be back too.. so , chances of indians winning the cup is still bright as the summer sun!..Filling myself with delight of Indians winning, I took-off to my TVless home..while drivng back, I decided to call for a guy who repairs television ,professionally!..

1 comment:

Harry said...

haha!haha....u practising kung fu wid tv..very funny scene..i see u gettin characteristics of mr.bean!